1. Travel
Anitra Brown

"Happy Endings" - The Seamier Side of "Spas"

By January 4, 2011

Mothers used to cry when their daughters said they wanted to be massage therapists because they associated it with "massage parlours" and prostitution.  Today, there are still lots of illegitimate "spas" offering happy ending massages.

There are lots of signs that a place isn't quite on the level, like a neon glowing "open" sign and wording for services that seems a little off, like "all-body massage." But sometimes even innocent people -- men and women looking for an inexpensive massage -- get caught in an embarrassing situation, offered a happy ending they didn't expect or want. Here's everything you need to know about happy ending massages.

Comments
January 4, 2011 at 9:03 pm
(1) joe says:

I think happy endings as you called are ok. If a man, and perhaps a woman too, want to get their genital area massaged, what’s wrong with that? This is typical of the American media and American politicians who like to project the ideal that America is clean and pure in their ideals and morals compared to others (countries). What a load of crap!!! Do you really think that you solve any problem by being repressive? Look at the so-called war on drug, prostitution, and other activities and behaviors that have been criminalized in America. What is the result of such policies? 26 million of people are in jails right now, hundred of thousand of them for victimless crime such sex or drug related offense. Is prohibition solving anything? Nope.
Anyway , I digress… There should both type spas and services available to the public so that there is no confusion. Both regular massage and sexual or sensual massage are therapeutic and should be allowed to anybody adult willing to pay for it. That’s all.

January 4, 2011 at 11:22 pm
(2) Lmt says:

Um buddy. It’s called prostitution not massage. For those of us who went to school to become professionals it’s completely degrading to say what’s the difference. For us it’s nor about repressing anything, we are the ones trying to liberate americans from the touch issues we all have as a society but I’m pretty sure that we shouldn’t do it by having diorite happy endings. It’s kind of traumatic if you are not expecting it. Legalize prostitution don’t degrade massage….
Yvonne
LMT 10 years … Ps if you don’t like it here in the USA ..you can leave any time ;)

January 5, 2011 at 9:42 am
(3) Val LMT says:

After a 20 year career in nursing I decided to study massage therapy. My father (who served in the Navy) asked me, “if your going to be a prostitute, call it being a prostitute.”
The problem is educating the public. There are no happy endings with therapeutic massage. As a nurse, I was never once asked to provide sexual favors. I do not expect to, nor will I stand for, the implication that what I do as a licensed massage therapist is sexual.

January 6, 2011 at 12:18 am
(4) SOPHIA says:

EEEEWWWWWWW Medical massage therapists that have spent many hours of training and education and money do not want to talk about happy endings or mr happy we dont care what mr happy is doing we dont care where hes been and we certainly dont care where he is going we dont want to know anyting about that area of the border thats your issue it is about sex and we dont handle that department nor do we wish to speak of it. and if you dont like america get on your magic carpet and ride far far away to your happy place where ever it is just not in our salons and spas and resorts here in the united states because goof balls like you need to be far far away from us and our beliefs. no we dont care about your sexual wierdness or openess we dont care at all grab your wife or girlfriend and do as you wish we just simply dont care about your wierdo ways of getting your jollies..ok mr open and let free willie go just not in our spas or salons with our professionals what you do is your business just dont push your open wierdness about sex on people who dont want to hear about it talk about it or deal with it you deal with it in your dark clammy filth infested little corners of the world filth i say thats what it is its nnnnnnnnnnnasty……to behave this way.or even think this way…you ask anyone in a spa or salon or resort about a happy ending youlll get one alright a happy fist or a possible law suit for sexual harassement better yet. think big and long before you bring up your private parts to a professional they wont put up with your crap no professional i know will so dont be suprised if you are escorted out from security with a law suit to boot you deserve it fuly my friend …

January 7, 2011 at 10:04 am
(5) Captain Obvious says:

Just stating the obvious …

See like the ladies in the thread have a problem with this subject.

Come on Yvonne you know you’ve earned that extra tip at least once. Traumatic? Really? You went to school? I’m sure it was an intensive program. Congrats.

“I was never once asked to provide sexual favors.” Oh Val, is that really the problem or is it the fact that no one HAS made the request.

Sophia, “sexual wierdness?” I think I see why the word repression was used by our first caller. Thanks for the offer, but I’m a man, so I think the “Happy Fist” offer won’t work for me.

Most men know the difference. Those who can’t see the signs, maybe this article is for them. So it might actually be helping you ladies a bit. Every occupation has it’s hazards.

That’s the price of doing business. If you don’t like being a “Licensed Message Therapist” … you can leave at any time ;)

- Captain Obvious

January 11, 2011 at 12:02 pm
(6) sophia says:

captain obvious, you are obvious to us and what you are saying and im not glorifying that with any further conversation.You need to get on another website to get your jollies not this one. Case Closed. Captain Creep may be a more fitting name for you …by the way.

January 12, 2011 at 12:26 am
(7) Jim says:

Amusing, to say the least!
Amazing, how an informed site, becomes foolish, by
the two sides, the therapists who feel they need
to show shock, rather, than the realization that
it will be an occupation with at least one hazard.
And the boys in men’s clothing, who like to poke
a bit of fun and git jollies from raising the
ladies’ ire!!!

March 12, 2011 at 9:39 am
(8) John Visschedyk says:

What’s wrong with having a happy ending. I have had sensual massages many times and really enjoy a girl massaging my buns and genitals. I usualy do the same for her as she is usually nude also. It’s really great being able for both people to be completely nude.

December 12, 2011 at 8:06 pm
(9) Randy says:

I love getting Happy Ending Massages. I have used the same girl for over a year. We just got to know each other and it was more consensual than an offer. It just popped up. haha I respect the professional therapist who have clients where a standard massage is enough. I used to get them, but I was always unsatisfied. I personally like the Hand Job. I had one yesterday and it was great. I cannot see why it is illegal. There are many prudes who seem to want to stick their noses into other peoples business, it will probably never happen.

June 2, 2013 at 8:34 am
(10) trush says:

I fully Agree with Joe. Nothing to add you summarized it perfectly mate.
PS: I never had a happy ending upt to now and I don’t think I’ll need that one day. Having said that my favorite expression is FREEDOM TO CHOOSE OUR EXPERIENCES