One of my favorite Oprah shows of all time was when Oprah took her best friend Gayle and sixty other women to her favorite spa, Miraval in Tuscon. Apparently it was one of Oprah's favorite shows, too.
"25 Years of Oprah and Gayle's All-Time Best Adventures," which aired Wednesday, April 22, 2011, culminated with Oprah and Gayle reminiscing about "A Swing and A Prayer." It's one of the spa's signature experiences and was a real challenge for Gayle, to Oprah's great amusement. (That's me getting ready to swing in the photo --- and boy, was I in for a surprise.)
It was a good day to be in the audience. Everyone was a set of best friends ("besties," Oprah called them) and received a two-night, all-inclusive stay at Miraval they could enjoy together, just like Gayle and Oprah. And she called it "the best spa in the country," high praise indeed!
In keeping with the spirit of the giveaway, the resort is offering everyone the Miraval's Girls' Getaway package, which includes:
- Luxurious, casita-style accommodations, starting in a deluxe room.
- A $130 resort credit, per person, per night of stay to spend on spa services, a private session with a Miraval Specialist, Chef's Dinner, the Zip-line adventure, trail rides or a round of golf.
- Complimentary Miraval Spa Robe.
- All your healthful and flavorful meals, snacks, smoothies and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Unlimited participation in daily self-discovery programs including all fitness and yoga classes; lectures; the signature Miraval Equine Experience; cooking demonstrations; outdoor adventure and challenge activities like A Swing and A Prayer (which Gayle said she will never do again).
- Full access to Miraval's extensive resort amenities, beautiful golf courses and tennis facilities.
- Complimentary round-trip transportation from the Tucson International Airport
- Welcome Gift of a Miraval tote bag & reusable water canteen per guest.
That's a great deal when you count the meals (and the food is excellent at Miraval), the spa credit, extras like the robe you can take home, and all those adventure activities you can't really find anywhere else. Their lectures and counselors are also the best, and not found at most spas. If you haven't been to Miraval yet, it's a good time to go.
For more information call 1-800-232-3969 or go to Miraval Girls' Getaway Package.