How to Create a Spa Experience at Home #2
How to create a $200+ spa package for under $25 from the Fat Free Living cookbook series author, Jyl Steinback. No tropical islands, no fancy spas, no gourmet restaurants, but all the benefits. No packing, no traveling, no hassles - just a wonderful day you create for yourself within the privacy of your own home. Recipes for meals and treatments are found in the first Related Feature.
Difficulty Level: Average Time Required: 1 day
- Prepare ahead by making a plan and shopping for all the treatment and meal ingredients. Refrigerate several bottles of water, leave a washcloth by the sink, pick out comfortable clothes and shoes, select your favorite music or relaxation tapes, rent an exercise tape. Get a good night of sleep before your spa day so you can enjoy every moment without exhaustion.
- Plan to ake your mind and body away just as if you were spirited off to a secluded mountain retreat. Choose a time when you can have total peace and no outside interference.
- On your Spa Day, wake up naturally, splash cool water on your face, throw on your clothes and do some slow stretches to warm up the calves, quads, hamstrings, and upper body. Have some fruit or juice.
- Grab a bottle of water from the fridge and head out for an energized walk followed by strength training.
- Prepare a low fat breakfast (Veggie Egg White Omelet) to nourish your mind and body.
- Prepare and apply a natural hair conditioning treatment.
- Prepare a refreshing snack (Pineapple-Blueberry Smoothie).
- "Steam" your face then prepare and apply facial according to skin type. Apply moisturizer.
- Prepare Veggie Pita Pocket Sandwich for lunch.
- Enjoy a footbath while reading a book.
- Enjoy a hand treatment while listening to your favorite music.
- Prepare a Tortilla Chips and Salsa snack.
- Have a bubble or stimulating herb bath.
- Prepare and enjoy a Broiled Fish Kabobs dinner.
- Make time for yourself every week.
- Vary the routine. See How to Create a Spa Experience at Home #s 1 and 3.
- Spa Day
- Mini Spa at Home
- Partnered Meditation and Massage
- The Royal Treatment: How You Can Take Home the Pleasures of the Great Luxury Spas