Looking for a good spa experience? It's not just about going someplace that has beautiful rooms or steam and sauna. The first way you can tell if you're going to have a good spa experience is to observe how you and other customers are treated. Look around to make sure all employees are treating their clients with respect.
Things to Look For in A Good Spa Experience:
- The therapist should be professional, courteous, pleasant and cleanly dressed.
- The treatment should start on time. Therapists should wash their hands before they touch you.
- Therapists should follow your lead in terms of how much talk occurs during the session. They should not discuss their personal problems with you.
- For a good spa experience, massage therapists should be sensitive to the kind of touch you want in terms of pressure. There should never be a sexual quality to their touch.
- You should not be left alone during body wraps, facials, or hydrotherapy baths. Some spas do this, but the best practice is for the therapist to be with the client at all times, enhancing the service and ensuring your safety.
- Estheticians should ask about your home skin-care routine and offers suggestions, but should not make you feel pressured to buy products.
- You should feel free to ask questions before, during and after your treatment. And before you book a treatment, you can ask to take a tour to make sure the spa is clean, pleasant and sanitary. Here's how to tell if the spa is sanitary.