By Anitra Brown, About.com Guide
High-quality spa treatments delivered in a serene setting are the very heart of a quality spa experience. Find out more about the most popular spa treatments, including massage, facials and body treatments.
Massage feels good and has lots of health benefits -- one reason it's the most popular service at a spa. But there are many different styles of massage. Find out more about massage, including why it's good for you, which type will best meet your needs, and how to get the most from your massage.
- What Is Massage?
- The Health Benefits of Massage
- Making The Most Of Your Massage
- Will Massage Hurt?
- How Much Does Massage Cost?
- Massage and Nudity
- How To Find A Great Massage Therapist
- What To Ask Your Massage Therapist
- Male Vs. Female Massage Therapist
- What Is Swedish Massage?
- What Is Deep Tissue Massage?
- What Is Aromatherapy Massage?
- What Is Pregnancy/Prenatal Massage?
- What Is Couples/Duo Massage?
- What Is Sports Massage?
- What Is Sensual Massage?
- What Is Asian Massage?
- "Happy Ending" Massage
Specialty massage can range from the easy-to-find hot stone massage to hard-to-find specialties like watsu, which takes place in water and requires a special pool. Find out more about specialty massage, including lava shell massage, lomi-lomi and shiatsu.
- What Is Hot Stone Massage?
- Watch A Hot Stone Massage Video
- What Is La Stone Therapy?
- What Is Thai Massage?
- What Is Shiatsu?
- What is Watsu?
- What Is Lomi-Lomi?
- What Is Lava Shell Massage?
- What Is Trigger Point Therapy?
- What Is An Indigenous Spa Treatment?
- What Is Rolfing?
- What Is Abyhanga Massage?
- What Is Four-Handed Massage?
Getting a facial regularly and taking care of your skin at home will keep your skin healthy and glowing. These articles will help you understand what a facial is, why you should get them, and why it's important to take care of your skin at home.
- What Is A Facial?
- Taking Care of Your Skin At Home
- Choosing An Esthetician
- What Is Exfoliation?
- What Are Extractions?
- What Is Microdermabrasion?
- What Is A Photo Facial?
- What Are Laser Treatments?
- What Do Serums Do For Your Skin?
Body treatments deal with your body's skin. The most common types of body treatments are body polishes and body wraps. A body treatment is not the same as massage, but it can be a good complement.
Waxing And Hair Removal
Waxing and eyebrow shaping is usually best done at reputable day spas. That's because you want people who are waxing specialists, and who have incredibly high standards when it comes to cleanliness and sanitation.
- What Is a Brazilian Wax?
- How Much Does a Brazilian Wax Cost?
- How To Find The Best Brazilian Waxers
- How To Get A Great Eyebrow Shape
- How To Identify A Sanitary Spa
Energy Work & Metaphysical Spa Treatments
Energy work deals with the body's subtle energies, which can't be measured by conventional science. The practitioner senses the body's energy flows and blockages, and then transmits energy to harmonize the body's energy flows. While all massage has some element of energy work, certain treatments are quieter and more subtle and tune in specifically to that. Metaphysical spa treatments deal with in otd in the body's energy field and then " which can't yet be measured by