Staying healthy while you travel is always important, but especially when you're going to a spa. You don't want to arrive for a wellness vacation already sick! Here are tips for staying healthy while you travel, courtesy of of "The Dr. Oz Show".
Staying Healthy On The Plane
- Open the overhead air vent and direct the air flow towards your chest to minimize contact with airborne germs.
- Carry a Travel Flight Kit with the following items:
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizer. Use after seated, before and after eating and drinking, and after returning from rest room.
- Sanitizing wipes to clean tray and armrests.
- Paper towels to get in and out of the bathroom door.
- A tincture of North American ginseng helps ward off flu. Take before flight.
Staying Healthy in the Hotel Room
- If there is a bedspread, remove it. Fold it inside out and put it aside.
- Wipe the phone with a sanitizing wipe.
- Place remote in zip-lock plastic bag to use.
- Never use glass courtesy cups in the room unless they're plastic and wrapped. They don't go through a dishwasher.
- Bring your own slippers or flip flops to wear in the room.