By Anitra Brown
- Spa Etiquette - Stripping To Tipping
- What Can I Have Done At A Spa?
- Understanding The World of Spas
- Choosing The Right Spa For You
Spa Etiquette - Stripping To Tipping
This is a big area of concern and confusion for people who are new to spas. Relax! There's nothing to worry about. Get answers to all your questions on what to wear to the spa, how much to take off, and how much to tip. Spa-going behavior varies by country. Europe is much more free-wheeling about nudity in co-ed baths and saunas.
- First Time at The Spa
- Spa Etiquette: Stripping to Tipping
- Spa Tipping - How Much and When?
- Nudity and the Spa
- Spa Do's and Don'ts
- Ten Things Not To Do At the Spa
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Spa Code of Conduct
- Asking For Sensual Massage
- "Happy Endings"
What Can I Have Done At A Spa?
Spas range from tiny day spas to sprawling 40-room resort spas with fabulous facilities. The one thing they all have in common is spa treatments like massage, body treatments and facials. Find out more about the kinds of treatments you can get at a spa.
- What Is A Spa Treatment?
- What Is Massage?
- The Health Benefits of Massage
- The Ten Most Popular Massages
- What Is A Facial?
- How Often Should I Get A Facial?
- What Is A Body Treatment?
- What Is A Salt Glow?
- What Is A Body Wrap?
- What Is A Brazilian Wax?
- What Is An Indigenous Treatment?
Understanding The World of Spas
A little storefront in a strip mall and world-famous Canyon Ranch both call themselves spas. What is a spa, anyway? Where did they come from? You need to understand the different kinds of spas so you get exactly the spa experience you're looking for.
Choosing The Right Spa For You
Now that you understand more about different types of spas and what happens there, find out more about how to pick the right one for you -- what to look for, the advantages of one type over another, and what to avoid.
- Top 10 Reasons To Go To A Spa
- What To Look For In Spa
- How To Find A Great Spa Near You
- Enjoying Your Day Spa Experience
- Day Spa Vs. Spa Vacation
- How To Find A Great Destination Spa
- Destination Spa Vs. Resort Spa
- How Safe Is Your Spa?
Get The Most From Your Massage
Massage is the most frequently requested service at a spa. Swedish is usually the best place for a beginner to start. Here's more on the most common types of massage available, what you should do if your massage hurts, and how to choose and communicate with your massage therapist.
- What Does A Massage Feel Like?
- Making The Most Of Your Massage
- Male Or Female Therapist?
- What If My Massage Hurts?
- What Is Full-Body Massage?
- What Is Therapeutic Massage?
- What Is Swedish Massage?
- What Is Relaxation Massage?
- What Is Deep Tissue Massage?
- What Is Aromatherapy Massage?
- Ten Exotic Massages To Try
- What Is Couples Massage?
- What Is Hot Stone Massage?
- What Is Pregnancy Massage?
- What Is Chair Massage?
Spa Costs, Deals & Discounts
A spa experience can range from a $75 massage at a local day spa to a week (or more!) at a spa that costs $8,000. Find out more about what a spa costs and how to get the best deals whether you're at home or traveling.
- How To Find The Best Spa Deals
- What A Spa Vacation Costs
- Saving On Your Spa Vacation
- What A Day Spa Costs
- Saving At The Day Spa
- What A Massage Costs
- Best Budget Destination Spas
- Tips For Buying Spa Gift Certificates
- Spa Week's $50 Treatments
Living The Spa Lifestyle
You can spend a lot of money at the spa, but the real benefits come from taking care of yourself on an ongoing basis. Here you'll find articles on how to create a spa day at home, spa treatments you can do on yourself, spa products you can make yourself, and more on how to lead a healthy spa lifestyle.
- How To Create a Home Spa Day
- How To Give Yourself a Home Facial
- Spa Books To Inspire You
- Things To Buy For Your Home Spa
- How To Eat For Energy
- How To Sleep Better