How do I know it was my best? I keep saying to myself, "he's an artist!" How about you? What was your best massage?
What I like
- I prefer to be uncovered during the massage. However, I would much rather the massage be from a trained massage therapist who only does massage. I could never get this kind of massage in a spa or a clinic. I will be getting one from an individual who has her own business and only does massage, nothing extra. I did not want anything extra, but I was still nervous about asking as I could have been turned down. The first massage I received was very good and she did not seem to have any hangups about the body, so I decided to ask to be uncovered for my next massage. She agreed, and I am looking forward to it.
Even An Average Massage Can Be Great.
- I wrote earlier noting that my best massage was given by Cyd at West Wichita Therapeutic Massage in Wichita. That being said, even an average massage is great if you have sore muscles that need to be given TLC.
- —Guest machomachoman
I Fell Asleep On The Table.
- My best massage was from a therapist named Cyd in Wichita, Kansas. She had previously given me a Lomi Lomi massage, and she handled the draping in a most professional manner. When she gave me my next massage, a Swedish, she told me that she incorporated some of the same techniques used in Lomi Lomi into her Swedish massage. I was so completely relaxed I almost fell asleep, which is unusual for me. She said she was known for making people sleepy on the massage table, meaning they really relax. I was able to really relax, as I knew she can massage anybody.
A Thai Teacher; A Balinese Experience
- My best massages are from a Thai woman named Nong who is a teacher at a Thai massage school in Chiang Mai, Thailand. I have been receiving massages for the past 40 years from people all over the planet. I have been a registered massage therapist for the past 32 years. Nong is able to give a consistent massage of the right pressure for the entire two hours of the session. The most unusual and pleasurable massage that I have gotten was a massage in Bali. It consisted of an hour-long oil massage. Then a bucket of fresh yogurt was brushed on my entire body.This was left on to soak in the body for 15 minutes. Then I had a shower. Another mixture with tumeric was applied and left to dry for 15 minutes. The treatment room was opened to a rice paddy and there was torrential rain dancing on the roof, along with a lightning and thunder show. The treatment ended with my soaking in a warm bath among fresh flowers. I was served hot tea and fruit.
A French Therapist's Work of Art
- MY BEST MASSAGE THERAPY SESSION WAS WITH A THERAPIST NAMED KATHERINE FROM FRANCE. SHE SERVED TEA WITH HONEY AND A CINNAMON STICK AND GAVE MY BODY FROM TOES TO NECK A COMPLETE LYMPHATIC DRY BODY BRUSHING, FIRST THE BACK, THEN THE FRONT SIDE. THE BRUSH STROKES MADE MY SKIN TINGLE WITH RELAXATION. HER SOFT SLOW STROKES FORCED MY BODY TO RELAX, THEN SHE USED PINCHED VANILLA BEAN EXTRACT FROM THE BEAN WITH APRICOT AND A HOT OLIVE OIL DRIP, THEN USED HOT SEA STONES OVER THE LARGE MUSCLE BELLY AND DRAGGED THE SMALLER STONES IN A LIGHT PATTERN THEN FOLLOWED WITH DEEP TISSUE MASSAGE SWEDISH. OMG. HEAVEN. THEN USED HOT POULTICE BAGS WITH CHAMOMILE AND LAVENDER AND ROCKED THEM OVER THE SKIN TO COOL DOWN AND STIMULATE DETOX, THEN A SLOW ROCKING MOTION OVER THE SHEETS WITH HER HANDS TO END THE SESSION WITH CRANIO-SACRAL NECK AND SCALP MASSAGE AND FINISHED WITH A LARGE GLASS OF ICE WATER WITH FRESH MINT. WOW YEA THAT'S A SPA MASSAGE.
- —Guest STEPHANIE WELCH
Enigma day spa and wellness center
- I had a hot stone aromatherapy massage. It is the best ever. The oil that they use is not oily it is great and makes my skin feel soft.
- —Guest Mary
Her Own Therapists Are The Best
- My best massage experience is with my own spa therapists, Kaye & Jane. Yes, my own spa therapist at Iloilo Serenity SPA in the Philippines. I say this because me & my husband are frequent travelers and when we travel we really look for the best spa where we could relax and feel rejuvenated after. Of course, there are a lot of spas we've been that are nice places, nice ambiance, good massage...etc. But what we look for is something that will really touch our souls & heal our tired bodies. Since our expectations were not really met, we decided to put up our own spa and have our own therapists trained. For me it is really is the best massage I've ever had with them...so healing.
- —Guest mmel
After Car Accident, Massage Helps Out
- Following an auto accident, where I got rear-ended, my back was in pretty bad shape. My chiropractor, whom I was going to, about 3x week, is married to a massage therapist. The first time I went to her was my first time getting a professional massage. She spent a long time on me and, what seemed like an hour, was really 25 minutes or so, and my body felt like I was given a shot of a tranquilizer like Valium or something similar to that! I felt so, so relaxed, yet invigorated. It didn't make me feel tired like I wanted to go to bed or even take a little nap. I felt like I could, possibly have run a marathon, if I was, up to it, that is. I don't think my back would have allowed me to run a marathon at that moment. However, the massage was the best-feeling thing that ever happened to my body, besides sex!
Singapore Massage Without Hanky-Panky
- I travel internationally, and my best massage was in Singapore from an outcall massage girl. Frankly, many of the massage girls in Singapore are also prostitutes, and a one-hour massage usually means a half hour of actual massage, which may range from ok to pretty good, and a half-hour of hanky-panky. Not so this girl. Totally different, she did all this weird stuff about positioning me on my side, bending my leg up over my neck, twisting my arms behind my back, that kind of thing, and she actually did the walking on my back thing. She was quick, but not rushed, more in the nature of that she really knew what she was doing. The room was just full of the sound of joints popping and snapping. Once she had heard her pre-determined expected pops and snaps she'd move me into the next position, and when she was walking on my back, I felt like a zipper the length of my spine had been undone. When she left I felt 10 years younger, like I'd been to a chiropracter.
- Though I am massager in Mumbai, I want to give honour of best massage of life in Kathmandu - local massager. Nepali technique was unique. dkumar_101 at indiatimes dot com
- —Guest Kumar
Enigma Day Spa in Towson, Best Massage
- I went to Enigma day spa and wellness center in Towson, Maryland. I received the best massage ever. The massage therapist was a professional. Anyone can rub and squeeze but this massage therapist did more than that. He applied pressure in the right places and I walked out feeling soooo relaxed. So I recommend this day spa.
- —Guest Rhea
- You can't believe it but in Kenya, Kakamega Town specifically.
- —Guest malin
Best therapist ever!
- I had lots of massages throuout the entire world. I have been to dozens of Spas but there is one massage I will remember for the rest of my life. I was staying in Halkidiki/Greece in a nice resort called Sani. The hotel I was staying at was "Sani beach Hotel" and my therapist's name was Spiros. He gave me the best Thai massage ever. Even better than massages I had in Bangkok! I still remember how totally focused he was during the session. After the first treatment I felt like I was reborn-no jokes! I was advised to follow a series of 4-5 sessions as I did. At the end I was almost addicted! It is nice for all of us spa goers that therapists like Spiros exist out there!
Best Massage in Disney
- I got a massage at Coronado Springs in Walt Disney World Resorts back in September, it was awesome and I left feeling so light and stress free. So worth it.
- —Guest Ericka
- My best massage was not in the mountains of Utah where I go every year but right here at home. The Dorit Baxter Day Spa in NYC. I always leave there thinking "Wow, that was really worth it" and NOT "I could have done it myself".
- —Guest Yvonne R.
BEST MASSAGE EVER
- I HAD A LOT OF MASSAGES ALL OVER THE WORLD AND MY BEST WAS IN CEBU PHILIPPINES IN A SPA NEAR MARIOTT HOTEL BY A THERAPIST CALLED AIDA!!!!!
- —Guest ASMA
- I've been a massage therapist for 11 years and I have experienced a lot of different massages, but by far my best was in Trenton,NJ with a therapist named Lynette. It's not enough to just say the word massage. To me it was a healing experience! Her hands are magical. Beside having wonderful hands she has a giving heart and a Joyful soul. "Butterfly Essential Wellness Spa", Is a must! I travel from PA to NJ to receive such a treat.
- —Guest Umbayi